Friday, March 25, 2016

Homemade Roll Pen Case

My pen collection has been getting bigger lately.  Making it harder to take them on walks and travel.  So I wanted to make a pen case that I could travel with and would not take up a lot of room.  I had some old clothes lying around and decided to use them instead of buying new stuff to make a case.
The purple shirt is a sport turtleneck and I hate turtlenecks.  So I cut off the top turtleneck part to make the case.  Now that the top is off I might even use the shirt to workout in.  So a win-win.
 
I then took all the stitching out of the turtleneck.
I did not want to measure so I just winged it.  Using a few pens to get the right size and then put in some sewing pins to hold it.
I then went to the sewing machine to finish it up.  The stitches are not the best because I have not used a sewing machine in a few years.  But I think it turned out ok.
I put stitching up the middle to make different pockets and added a string for a tie.  I think this is a great project that allowed me to use some old clothes and did not cost a thing.  It also rolls up nice for travel and it is easy to take with me anywhere.  This is a very simple project that anyone could do to save some money.  And remember it doesn't have to be perfece, mine isn't.  It just has to work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment